You want to know how well your activities are doing. You want to get information on your supporters and donors. You may use Google Analytics with your organization's webpage. You can also use Google Analytics and eCommerce Tracking to get more information from your GiveSmart Fundraise account.
To enable Google Analytics in your GiveSmart Fundraise account, all you need to do is enter a Universal Analytics Code (UA Code) from your Google Analytics account into the Integrations > Analytics section of the GiveSmart Fundraise Settings.
To add the UA Code to your GiveSmart Fundraise account:
- Click on Settings (the Gear icon)
- Click on the Integrations category on the left, then the Analytics section in the middle.
- Once in Analytics, paste the UA code in the box and click out of the box to automatically save it.
For more information about Google Analytics, you can read about the options and capabilities here: https://support.google.com/analytics/.
Getting your Google Analytics UA Code
If you do not have a Google Analytics account, you will need to create one, by signing up at https://analytics.google.com/.
You need to fill in:
- What would you like to track? - Choose Website
- Account Name - Name your account, likely something like your organization's name
- Website Name - This is just a title that you can review that data for. For this, you likely will want to name it something like GiveSmart Fundraise Donations. If you decide you also want to track information about your organization's webpage, you can have that as a separate item (Property)
- Website URL - Make sure to change it, using the pull down, from http:// to https:// and put in app.mobilecause.com
The other items on the page are optional, so add or review as you desire.
Read and accept the Terms of Service to start using Google Analytics.
If you already have a Google Analytics account, you should create a new Property of your GiveSmart Fundraise account. We say this so you can keep the numbers of people viewing your site separate from those accessing or donating to one of your forms:
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Click on Admin
- Click the Property menu and choose Create New Property
- At minimum, you need to name the new Property and provide a URL. We recommend using https://app.mobilecause.com as the URL.
- If you want to add Industry, there isn't an option for "Non-Profit" under Industry Category, so you can leave it blank or select Other.
- Click Get Tracking ID
At this point, either with a new account or adding a new Property, you will go to a page with a Tracking ID, Website scripts, PHP scripts, etc. All you need to track your GiveSmart Fundraise Account is that actual Tracking ID. This is the code that you add to your account under Settings > Analytics.
If you quit out of this page, you can get back to it, to retrieve the UA code, by clicking on Admin on the left, then Tracking Info under Property and clicking on Tracking Code.
Add Ecommerce to the Property
- Click on Admin
- Under the right column, View, click on Ecommerce Settings
- Click the switch to turn ON Ecommerce and click Next Step.
- DO NOT enable Enhanced Ecommerce Settings. Leave it OFF and click Submit.
- Click on Admin
What information can I get from Google Analytics in GiveSmart Fundraise?
As we grow with Google Analytics, more information will be available. Right now, you can get information on the Transaction ID and the Amount (“Revenue” in Google Analytics terminology) of a donation.
Your basic Google Analytics account can pull data on:
- The location of your visitors
- Browser and operating system to see how many are viewing mobile vs. desktop, etc.
- Referrals - where your visitors came from to get to your page
- When your visitors visit your page
- And much, much more.