For ordering and attaching your swiper to your device, please review this article.
If you are looking for the Android instructions, click here. Please note that the android compatible swipers are considered legacy devices and no longer supported. The Android information is being maintained for anyone who still has one of the devices.
Once you have your swiper, this document will take you through:
For a printable Quick Reference Guide of the process for Apple devices, click here
Download the MobileCause App
- You can download the MobileCause credit card swiper app onto a mobile phone or tablet by going to the Apple App Store.
Example screens using an iPhone 6S Plus.
- Log in to the app using your GiveSmart Fundraise username and password.
- Select the keyword associated with the event and tap Next. Select the correct keyword so that donations will be under the correct campaign for reporting, and can be sent to the correct thermometer.
- If you hadn't attached your swiper yet, it will ask you to do so now and click Next. If you use a uDynamo device, it will ask to use the microphone. Make sure to click OK or Allow.
You are now ready to accept donations and, if needed, send those donations to your event thermometer.
If you need to change anything you can tap on the Settings icon in the top left corner.
You can make the default amount choices different than your Text to Donate form with the Set Suggested Amounts section.
You can also change the processing fee percentage under Charge Processing Fee.
Collecting Donations with Your MobileCause App and Swiper
- Attach the swiper to your mobile device and open the MobileCause app.
- Enter the amount of the donor’s donation and tap Next.
The fourth choice allows you to enter a donation amount manually.
- Swipe donor’s credit or debit card.
Note: If the card doesn't have the donor’s name on the card, such as with gift card, you can still swipe it or enter it manually.
On an iPhone or iPad, you have the additional option to scan the credit card by tapping Scan and allowing the device to access the camera:
- The donor can enter their additional information to receive a receipt and tap Next
- The donor can tap to choose to pay the Processing Fee and whether to make their donation anonymous.
- Have the donor sign their name. Click Pay Now.
- It should process the transaction and say Payment Successful. Then you can tap I'm Done to be ready for the next donor.